This recipe is very easy and tasty, either for yourself or as a lovely homemade Christmas present!
350g plain flour
1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
2 tsp ground ginger
1 tsp ground cinnamon
175g soft brown sugar
4 tbsp golden syrup
Tubes of icing – for decorating
– Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda, ginger and cinnamon and pour into a bowl. Add the butter and mix until it looks like breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar
– Beat the egg and golden syrup together and add to the mixture. Knead the dough for a little bit until smooth, wrap in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for 15mins
– Preheat the oven to 180c and line two baking trays with greaseproof paper
– Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface. Using cutters cut out the gingerbread men (or any Christmas themed shape) and place on the baking tray, leaving a gap between them
– Bake for 12-15mins or until lightly golden brown. Leave on the tray for 10mins and then move to a wire rack to fully cool down
– Once cooled, decorate with the icing tubes and any decorations of your choice
Top Tip: Turn the gingerbread man upside down and you have a perfect reindeer head!
Let me know what you’re baking this year and your designs!