I cannot believe it is New Year’s Eve already, where has this year gone? 2016 has passed me by in the blink of an eye but it has been quite a good one!
My favourite moments of 2016 have been:
– Moving to High Wycombe with my mum in July
– Buying and moving in to my first flat with my boyfriend a couple of months later
– Spending a long weekend in Dublin for Barney’s birthday
– Being in Brighton for my birthday
– Celebrating mine and Barney’s 4 year anniversary
– We saw a lot of bands this year; The 1975, Rod Stewart, Bruce Springsteen, Red Hot Chili Peppers to name a few
– Starting this blog, I’ve enjoyed it more than I thought I would have
– Spending our first Christmas in our new flat
Every year I make resolutions and at the end of the year I normally have failed quite a few but this year I’m determined to stick to the majority. Here a few I have thought of:
1. Lose weight/exercise more
A standard resolution but this year I really would like to exercise more and tone up a bit which will probably lead to losing some weight. I’m not wanting to be a size zero but I would just like to be healthier. Barney bought me some trainers for Christmas so I better put them to good use!
2. Eat healthier/cook more
I want to plan meals and cook a dinner every night; goodbye beans on toast! I really enjoy cooking and would like to try some new food and flavours to help my planned healthier lifestyle!
3. See more live shows
This year I have been lucky to have seen quite a few concerts and live theatre performances. I love seeing live shows and making memories so I would like to make the conscious effort to see more. I have a few lined up already for 2017; Ghost the Musical, DreamGirls the Musical, Green Day, Frankie Valli and the Four Seasons … I’m very excited!!
4. Spend more times with friends
Life can get pretty busy but I need to make the effort to see my friends more. It’s harder now that I have moved away from my childhood home and my uni friends have all moved to various places but I love them all very much and would love to see more of them. This is the year!
I am excited for the year ahead; making new memories and taking more pictures! I hope you have a very Happy New Year and wish you all the best for 2017!
What have you loved in 2016, what are your resolutions for 2017?