I adore mince pies and definitely overindulge on these over the Christmas period. My recipe below is so easy to follow; you’ll be scoffing them in no time!
– 680g plain flour
– 400g unsalted butter
– 4 tbsp Caster Sugar
– 5 egg yolks
– 8 tbsp Cold water
– Pinch of Salt
– 1 jar of mincemeat
– Preheat the oven to 175oC
– Sift together the flour and salt into a bowl, using your fingers rub in the butter until you have a crumble like mixture
– Stir in the sugar and 4 of the egg yolks and add the water a little at a time until the mixture draws together to make a dough
– Mould the dough into a ball, wrap in cling film and pop in the fridge for 10 minutes
– Dust a clean surface with flour and roll out the dough using a rolling pin. Using a round cutter, cut out circles to fit the size of your muffin/cake tin.
– Grease your muffin tin with butter before gently pushing the dough circles in and add a spoonful of mincemeat to each pie
– With the remaining dough, use a star cutter to cut out the tops of the pies
– Brush the remaining egg yolk over the tops of the pies and place in the oven for 15-20mins until glossy and golden brown
The smell of these mince pies are delicious and will leave you wanting more! I tend to finish these off with a dusting of icing sugar to look like snow.
Let me see photos of your mince pies!